Wednesday, September 2, 2009

3 Airplanes + 13 hours - 1 suit case = Safely in Bath

I made it! I am safely and happily in Bath, England. Of course, I have terrible jet lag and I lost a suitcase on the way (it has since been found and should arrive shortly), but all is well. Bath is beautiful and I already feel like I am a part of a family.

I was greeted, with a hug, by my supervisor’s wife Sarah and their oldest son Caolen. He is 10 going on 16 and just delightful. When we arrived at their home we were joined by the twins, Jonty and Dewi. They will be 9 on Sunday and I have already been invited to the birthday party. The three boys are enthusiastically showing me the ropes in the UK with lengthy and very fast paced discussions on Black Adder, the Cricket Ashes, and which fudge, ice cream, and sweet shops are the best. They also corrected me when I thought my pants were wet from the rain. Evidently, it was actually my ‘trousers’ that were wet because ‘pants’ are something incredibly different and vastly more entertaining to little boys.

My flat is right next to the abbey, in the heart of Bath, giving me incredible views from every window. My bed is soft and comfortable which was incredibly welcome after a long day of travelling.

Saying ‘goodbye’ was tough, but that part is over now. It is all ‘hello’ from here on out!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Bath you will not be dissapointed with this wonderful City..

    ReplyDelete